Tryout Dates and Times - UPDATED 3/20/19
For Fees and Registration please click Programs at top of page "red bar" and choose the correct Team.
ADM 8U (Players with birth year 11 or younger)
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Free Skate (Teams will be formed in the Fall)
Full Equipment is required - This event will be structured like a practice.
Equipment available to borrow for the event if you contact us in advance.
SQUIRT 10U (Players with birth years 09 & 10)
** Thursday, March 28, 5:30 PM - 6:30PM Tryout 1 (Skills and Agility)
Monday, April 1, 2019 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Tryout 2 (scrimmage)
Wednesday, April 3, 2019 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Tryout 3 (scrimmage)
PEEWEE 12U (Players with birth years 07 & 08)
** Thursday, March 28, 6:45 PM - 7:45 PM Tryout 1 (skills/agility)
Monday, April 1, 6:45 PM - 7:45 PM Tryout 2 (scrimmage)
Wednesday, April 3, 6:45PM - 7:45 PM Tryout 3 (Scrimmage)
GIRLS 14U (Players with birth years 05 to 09)
Monday, April 8, 2019 6:45 PM - 7:45 PM ONLY TRYOUT
BANTAM 14U (NON-NB TEAM) (Players with birth years 05 & 06)
Monday , April 15, 6:40 PM - 7:40 PM Tryout 1 (skills/agility)
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Tryout 2 (Scrimmage)
Friday, April 19, 2019 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Tryout 3(scrimmage)
14U NATIONAL BOUND (Players with birth years 05 & 06)
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:00 PM - 7:10 PM Tryout 1
Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:00 PM - 7:10 PM Tryout 2
Sunday, April 14, 2019 5:00 PM - 6:10 PM Tryout 3
Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Supplemental As Needed Tryout
MIDGET 16U (NON-NB TEAM) (Players with birth years 03 & 04)
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:45 PM - 7:45 PM Tryout 1 (skills/agility)
Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:40 PM - 7:40 PM Tryout 2 (scrimmage)
Friday, April 19, 2019 6:45 PM - 7:45 PM Tryout 3 (if needed)
16U NATIONAL BOUND (Players with birth years 03 & 04)
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:20 PM - 8:30 PM Tryout 1
Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:20 PM - 8:30 PM Tryout 2
Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:20 PM - 7:30 PM Tryout 3
Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:50 PM - 8:50 PM Supplemental As Needed Tryout
MIDGET 18U (Players with birth years 01-04)
Sunday, April 14, 2019 7:40 PM - 8:50 PM ONLY TRYOUT
19U Tier 2 Girls
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:50 PM Tryout 1
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:50 PM Tryout 2
Saturday April 20, 2019 9:10 AM Tryout 3
Monday, April 15, 2019 7:50 PM Mandatory Skate and Registration
*Players must Register and Pay Commitment Fee Before Skate
Final Tryouts will be held in late summer/early fall
Sunday, April 7, 2019 6:15 PM Tryout 1
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:45 PM Tryout 2
AAHL has a minimum of three tryout sessions per team in order to evaluate each player as accurately as possible. It is strongly recommended that all players attend all tryout sessions in order to facilitate this evaluation process and make it as accurate as possible. However, it is recognized that through no fault of their own some players may not be able to attend all of the tryout sessions. In the event that a tryout session must be missed the evaluating coaches will evaluate that player as best they can from what has been able to be observed and place that player accordingly, and the parents will recognize that the evaluation staff has done the best evaluation possible under a handicapped situation.
If any player is unable to attend any of the sessions, his intent to play for AAHL in the next season must be shown by registering for tryouts, no later than the first night of tryouts, with a doctor’s excuse stating why the player is unable to participate and the anticipated date he will be able to participate. At the conclusion of the tryout process, if that player played for AAHL the previous season, the President working together with the tryout committee will consider the written evaluations of the previous season’s coach(es) as well as what team he played on the previous season and, if they deem it necessary talk with previous coaches. Depending upon circumstances which include but are not limited to the number of players participating in tryouts who will be assigned to each team, the President of AAHL and the tryout committee will do one of the following:
1. Place the player on what they consider to be the most appropriate team. OR
2. If there is room to add players to each team, guarantee the player in question the opportunity to tryout (in a later supplemental tryout) for one of the teams. OR
3. Return the tryout fee with regrets and with the understanding that the player may contact the President of AAHL and request a placement tryout when the player is able to attend.
If any player is unable to attend any of the tryout sessions but has not played for AAHL previously, he/she must contact the President of AAHL and request a supplemental tryout. Contact information for the President of AAHL is available on the Contacts page of this website.
Post Tryout Placement:
Once teams are posted, you will have accepted a roster position on a team by not declining your roster position in the 24 hr. time frame.
AAHL recognizes that after the tryouts are over and teams are posted, there may be reasons to assign or too reassign a player to a team. Following are guidelines for possible circumstances.
1. If supplemental tryouts are held for any team(s) any player may attend these tryouts regardless of whether they are currently assigned to a AAHL team or not. However, no player will be moved from another AAHL team if such a move will cause that team to go below the minimum number of players required to roster as a team. If a player is attempting to “play-up” through supplemental tryouts, all guidelines above must be followed.
2. AAHL recognizes that a situation may occur during team placement that may cause an individual player to request a “move-up” to another level. A player can request the opportunity to “move-up” if they would be placed at a level which is lower than the level they had played at the previous season.
3. In any Post Tryout instance, the player must attend a supplemental tryout or be evaluated during a team practice by the coaching staff of that team with prior notification being given to the President that this tryout will occur. This can only happen if there is room to add a player to the receiving team.